I make her lose the game. 彼女(かのじょ)を ゲームに負(ま)けさせる
Today, I am going to teach you how to make a sentence when you let/make someone to do something.
I let/make (someone) to do...
...せます formal / せる informal
...させます formal / させる informal
Today, I am going to teach you how to make a sentence when you let/make someone to do something.
I let/make (someone) to do...
...せます formal / せる informal
...させます formal / させる informal
If you don't know what masu forms are, please take a look at this chart first.
Here is ますform chart I made.
Please use this and practice making sentences!
ます-Form Chart
「ru」verbs with preceding vowel sound “i” and “e”
|
Remove the last る and add ます
|
★「u」verbs
★「る」verbs with preceding vowel sound “a”, “u”, “o”, “iru” and “eru” |
Change the last “u” vowel sound to “i” sound and add ます
|
eat /
たべる taberu |
たべます tabemasu
|
swim / およぐ oyogu (u verb)
|
およぎます oyogimasu
|
look, watch /
みる miru |
みますmimasu
|
listen / きく kiku (u verb)
|
ききますkikimasu
|
sleep /
ねる neru |
ねます
nemasu |
talk / はなす hanasu (u verb)
|
はなしますhanashimasu
|
wake /
おきる okiru |
おきます
okimasu |
understand / わかる wakaru
(ru verb with preceding vowel sound “a”) |
わかります wakarimasu
|
be able to do /
できる dekiru |
できます
dekimasu |
enter / はいる hairu
(ru verb with “iru” )
|
はいります hairimasu
|
wear /
きる kiru |
きますkimasu
|
go back / かえる kaeru
(ru verb with “eru” )
|
かえります kaerimasu
|
©️Nihongo Japanese
★When there is I-sounds right before ます in ますform
I-sound right before ます becomes A-sound
↓
Take off ます
↓
Add せます
...I know it looks complicated.
It's like a puzzle but when you get used to it, you would think it is easy to make a sentence.
Let's take a look one by one.
First, I said I-sound becomes A-sound.
Only exception here is い becomes わ.
い I → わ WA
き KI → か KA
し SI (SHI)→ さ SA
ち TI (CHI) → た TA
に NI → な NA
ひ HI → は HA
み MI → ま MA
り RI → ら RA
If you have a Hiragana Chart, it would be more easier to understand.
ますform of "to meet"
あいます
I-sound right before ます is い.
あいます
い I becomes わ WA → あわ (take off ます )
Add せます → あわせます I make someone to meet.
ますform of "to write"
かきます
I-sound right before ます is き.
かきます
き KI becomes か KA → かか (take off ます )
Add せます → かかせます I make someone to write.
ますform of "to speak/talk"
はなします
I-sound right before ます is し.
はなします
し SHI becomes さ SA → はなさ (take off ます )
Add せます → はなさせます I make someone to speak/talk.
★When there is NO I-sounds right before ます in ますform
Just take off ます
↓
Add させます
ますform of "to eat"
たべます
take off ます
Add させます→ たべさせます I make someone to eat.
ますform of "to look/watch"
みます
take off ます
Add させます→ みさせます I make someone to look/watch.
★Exceptions
ますform of "to come"
きます→ こさせます I make someone to come.
ますform of "to do"
します→ させます I make someone to do.
ますform of "to study"
べんきょうします→ べんきょうさせます I make someone to study.
Here is ますform chart I made.
Please use this and practice making sentences!
Group 1
|
Dictionary Form
|
ます-Form
|
read
|
よむ
|
よみます
|
drink
|
のむ
|
のみます
|
listen
|
きく
|
ききます
|
brush
|
みがく
|
みがきます
|
wash
|
あらう
|
あらいます
|
go
|
いく
|
いきます
|
buy
|
かう
|
かいます
|
run
|
はしる
|
はしります
|
ride
|
のる
|
のります
|
understand
|
わかる
|
わかります
|
send
|
おくる
|
おくります
|
swim
|
およぐ
|
およぎます
|
play
|
あそぶ
|
あそびます
|
write
|
かく
|
かきます
|
speak
|
はなす
|
はなします
|
wait
|
まつ
|
まちます
|
think
|
おもう
|
おもいます
|
receive
|
もらう
|
もらいます
|
Group 2
| ||
see
|
みる
|
みます
|
sleep
|
ねる
|
ねます
|
wake
|
おきる
|
おきます
|
eat
|
たべる
|
たべます
|
Group 3
| ||
come
|
くる
|
きます
|
do
|
する
|
します
|
study
|
べんきょうする
|
べんきょうします
|
©️Nihongo Japanese

This is maybe the most easily understandable explanation & examples of how to use the させる congregations I've ever found. The Author of this BLOG should be commended for creating such a comprehensive text for people studying the Japanese language. She obviously understands the difficulty learning a language, Thank You 先生 for your hard work here. 有難うございました
ReplyDelete