後(あと)の祭(まつ)り
It literally means "After the festival." 祭り usually means the Japanese traditional festival.
When the festival is over, the Japanese festival cars will no longer be useful. Japanese festival cars are called as 山車(だし) and it is only useful for the Japanese festival. It looks like this ↓
You can use this proverb when something is no longer be useful once things are done or when something is too late.
In English, there is a similar proverb "The bird is flown"
**********************************************************************************
★Let's use this proverb in the conversation!
A: ただいま、おばあちゃんはどこ?
I am home! Where is grandma?
B: さっき帰(かえ)ったわよ
She just left.
A: え!残念(ざんねん)。
おこづかいをもらおうと思(おも)ったのに。後(あと)の祭(まつ)りだ。
What! Too bad, I was going to get some spending money from her. Well, it's too late.
**********************************************************************************
It literally means "After the festival." 祭り usually means the Japanese traditional festival.
When the festival is over, the Japanese festival cars will no longer be useful. Japanese festival cars are called as 山車(だし) and it is only useful for the Japanese festival. It looks like this ↓

You can use this proverb when something is no longer be useful once things are done or when something is too late.
In English, there is a similar proverb "The bird is flown"
**********************************************************************************
★Let's use this proverb in the conversation!
A: ただいま、おばあちゃんはどこ?
I am home! Where is grandma?
B: さっき帰(かえ)ったわよ
She just left.
A: え!残念(ざんねん)。
おこづかいをもらおうと思(おも)ったのに。後(あと)の祭(まつ)りだ。
What! Too bad, I was going to get some spending money from her. Well, it's too late.
**********************************************************************************

No comments:
Post a Comment