I’m the person who can’t live without a phone. I’m sure most of you are the same too.
Today, I’d like to talk about how I got a phone in Japan. Hopefully, it will be helpful for people who are planning on studying abroad or working in Japan.
au, docomo and SoftBank are the most famous phone companies in Japan. They have so many plans but they can be a little bit pricy if you don’t have a family or you usually don’t make phone calls and just use WiFi at home.
So here’s what I did.
First of all, I wanted a brand new phone, so I bought a sim free phone from Apple Store.
It came to my house next morning. So fast.
Then I went to the website of LINEモバイル. I’ve searched on their website if they have an English version or not, but I couldn’t find it. If you have Japanese friends or coworkers, you can ask them for a help. You will need ID, credit card and email address. Basically, you choose the plan you want and upload your ID and credit card information, then set your password. That’s it.
They sent me a SIM card next morning. Again, so fast.
My new number came with a card. It started working right after I inserted a card.
I chose the plan they don’t charge you for the deta you use on the app LINE, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You can also pick from 3, 5, 7 and 10GB. You can check their plans from here.
They are a new company so I’m just trying them out to see if they are good or not.
It’s one of the cheapest phone companies in Japan, but they are already big and reliable because they are from the LINE company. Hope this information helped for some people!

Absolutely valuable information, which you are famous for, and you continue to prove how important it is to listen to someone who works to help us. Thank You my friend.
ReplyDeleteHeard you went thru an interview process, uniquely Japanese company style interview. What is the outcome? ANY COMPANY WOULD BE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU THERE.
Best of luck.
I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog bestreviewsity
ReplyDelete