Welcome to Nihongo Japanese Blog!

I've been posting Japanese words on my Instagram @nihongo_japanese since August 2017.
I'd like to write interesting things about Japanese language and culture on this page.
Please feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy :)


★How to use ~方 (かた) [N5]

Feb 12, 2019

JLPT N5 文法 Grammar


When you want to explain how to do things, you can use 方 (かた).
By adding 方 (かた) after ますVerb without ます, you can explain the way of doing something.
If you already know ますVerbs, it is easy to remember.


verb ます +方(かた)
Here is ますverb chart→ です & ます-Form Chart



★泳ぎます + 方(かた)  = how to swim

泳ぎ方を教えてくれますか?
およぎかたをおしえてくれますか?
Can you teach me how to swim?
  


★使います + 方(かた)  = how to use

パソコンの使い方を教えてくれますか?
パソコンのつかいかたをおしえてくれますか?
Can you teach me how to use a computer?



★作ります + 方(かた)  = how to cook/make

母から料理の作り方を習いました。
ははからりょうりのつくりかたをならいました。
I've learned how to cook from my mom.

日本料理の作り方を知りたいです。
にほんりょうりのつくりかたをしりたいです。
I want to know how to cook Japanese food.



★歩きます + 方(かた)  = how to walk

あなたの歩き方が好きです。
あなたのあるきかたがすきです。
I like the way you walk.



★買います + 方(かた)  = how to buy

チケットの買い方が分かりません。
チケットのかいかたがわかりません。
I don't know how to buy a ticket.




文の作り方が分かりましたか?
ぶんのつくりかたがわかりましたか?
Did you understand how to make a sentence?