①Plain Form + 間(あいだ)に (while, during)
[verb]ている + 間(あいだ)に
★食(た)べている間(あいだ)に while eating
食(た)べている間(あいだ)にメールをチェックする。
I check emails while I'm eating.
★読(よ)んでいる間(あいだ)に while reading
本(ほん)を読(よ)んでいる間(あいだ)に寝(ね)てしまった。
I fell asleep while I was reading a book.
★寝(ね)ている間(あいだ)に while sleeping
私(わたし)が寝(ね)ている間(あいだ)にサンタは来(く)る。
Santa Claus comes while I'm sleeping.
★遊(あそ)んでいる間(あいだ)に while playing
子供(こども)が遊(あそ)んでいる間(あいだ)に買(か)い物(もの)へ行(い)く。
I go shopping while my kids are playing.
[i & na Adjective] + 間(あいだ)に
★安(やす)い + 間(あいだ)に while it's cheap
お菓子(かし)が安(やす)い間(あいだ)にたくさん買(か)う。
I buy a lot of snacks while they are cheap.
★熱(あつ)い + 間(あいだ)に while it's hot
コーヒーが熱(あつ)い間(あいだ)に飲(の)む。
I drink coffee while it's hot.
★新鮮(しんせん)な + 間(あいだ)に while it's fresh
野菜(やさい)が新鮮(しんせん)な間(あいだ)に食(た)べる。
I eat vegetables while they are fresh.
★暇(ひま)な + 間(あいだ)に while it's not busy
暇(ひま)な間(あいだ)に絵(え)を描(か)く。
I draw a picture while I'm not busy.
[Noun の] + 間(あいだ)に
★夜(よる)の間(あいだ)に during the night
夜(よる)の間(あいだ)に明日(あした)の用意(ようい)をする。
I prepare for tomorrow during the night.
★ごはんの間(あいだ)に during the meal
ごはんの間(あいだ)に薬(くすり)を飲(の)む。
I take medicine during the meal.
②Plain Form + 間(あいだ)に (between)
[Noun] と [Noun] の+ 間(あいだ)に
★銀行(ぎんこう)はスーパーとコンビニの間(あいだ)にある
The bank is between supermarket and convenience store.
★ほくろは目(め)と鼻(はな)の間(あいだ)にある
A mole is located between eye and nose.
Now, it's your turn to make a sentence using 間(あいだ)に !
Please feel free to leave comments!

Really nice blog it helps me a lot to learn Japanese ありがとうございます先生
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear that! Thank you :)
Delete