Welcome to Nihongo Japanese Blog!

I've been posting Japanese words on my Instagram @nihongo_japanese since August 2017.
I'd like to write interesting things about Japanese language and culture on this page.
Please feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy :)


ピカチュウドーナツ Pikachu Donut

Nov 19, 2019

日本の文化 (Japanese Culture) 日本の食べ物 (Japanese Food)

ピカチュウドーナツを捕(つか)まえた!
I caught a Pikachu Donut!

ミスタードーナツ mister donut is the largest donut store in Japan. We usually abbreviate ミスタードーナツ as ミスド.
ミスド is actually from the US. After Dunkin' Donuts bought mister donut, most of the stores has became Dunkin' Donuts in the US. There is only one store left in the US. It is in Illinois.

The first mister donut store opened about 48 years ago in Minoh, Osaka. Even though there are many stores around the world, such as Korea, China, Taipei and Philippines, the cutest Pokemon donuts and the limited items are available only in Japan.


Here is their special Pokemon menu this year.
They have Pikachu shaped cream filled donut, chewy Monster Ball donut and Pikachu's tail colored donut. They also have Tapioca Soda. When you order a special donuts box, you get to choose a Pokemon plate or a cup. When you order a Kids set, you get to choose a Pokemon towel.
I wanted a Pikachu towel (Pikachu's face on the towel is so adorable), so I ordered a kids set.
This donut is the cutest donut I have ever had in my life and guess what...?
It was delicious too... It covered with Banana flavored chocolate and the whipped cream inside was like clouds. His cheeks and eyes are m&m's-ish lol

If you love Pokemon or donuts, why don't you go check it out XD