Welcome to Nihongo Japanese Blog!

I've been posting Japanese words on my Instagram @nihongo_japanese since August 2017.
I'd like to write interesting things about Japanese language and culture on this page.
Please feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy :)


Cupnoodles Museum

Aug 12, 2019

大阪 Osaka

I went to Cupnoodles Museum a few days ago, so I would like to share some information and pictures I took. This museum is in Ikeda City. It is about 5 minutes walk from Hankyu Ikeda Station.

This is Momofuku Ando who invented cupnoodles. In this museum, you will know about the story of his invention.

The first thing you see is this noodles tunnel. You can walk around and learn about noodles and answer the quizzes here.

The most fun thing you can do in this museum is to create your own cupnoodles. You can buy an empty cup from the vending machine and design your cup. If you like to draw, you will definitely enjoy this process.

After you are done with designing your cup, you bring your cup to these booths and pick one flavor of your soup and 4 ingredients for your cupnoodles.

The museum staff will put them for you. I picked curry flavor for the soup and for the ingredients, I picked kimchi, cheese, potatoes and Naruto. They put the lid and pack it for you.

They have a character for the "Chicken Ramen" that is a little chick called Hiyoko-chan. At the souvenir shop, you will see this chick everywhere. I got some souvenir for my family. This is one of them.
This museum is open from 9:00 to 16:30 (You have to enter by 15:30). The entry fee is free, but if you want to make your own cupnoodles, it costs 300 yen to buy a cup. It is closed on Tuesdays and the end/the beginning of the year.