Welcome to Nihongo Japanese Blog!

I've been posting Japanese words on my Instagram @nihongo_japanese since August 2017.
I'd like to write interesting things about Japanese language and culture on this page.
Please feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy :)


★Japanese Particle に

May 1, 2019

助詞 Japanese Particles








Indicate destination/direction
We use に when you physically move towards to somewhere.

学校行きます。
がっこうにいきます
I go to school.

銀行行きました。
ぎんこうにいきました
I went to the bank.

空港着きました。
くうこうにつきました
I arrived at the airport.

向かっています。
きたにむかっています
I am heading to the North.


Express the change
彼は有名なりました。
かれはゆうめいになりました
He became famous.

大金持ちなりたいです。
おおがねもちになりたいです
I want to be a millionaire.

彼女は来年八十歳なります。
かのじょはらいねんはちじゅっさいになります
She will be 80 next year.


Indicate location of existence
大阪住んでいます。
おおさかにすんでいます
I live in Osaka

机の上ペンがあります。
つくえのうえにペンがあります
There is a pen on the desk.

彼は部屋います。
かれはへやにいます
He is in the room.



Indicate purpose
映画を行きました。
えいがをみにいきました
I went to see a movie.

服を着替え家に帰りました。
ふくをきがえにいえにかえりました
I went home to change my clothes.

オムレツを作るため卵を買いました。
オムレツをつくるためにたまごをかいました
I bought eggs in order to make an omelette.

家賃を払うため仕事をしなければなりません。
やちんをはらうためにしごとをしなければなりません
I have to work in order to pay the rent.


Indirect object marker
に marks the person or things that receives the object.

友達は誕生日プレゼントをくれました。
ともだちはわたしにたんじょうびプレゼントをくれました
My friend gave me a birthday present.

友達手紙を書きました。
ともだちにてがみをかきました
I wrote a letter to my friend.

花を買いました
ははにはなをかいました
I buy flowers for my mother.



Specific time expressions
七時起きます。
しちじにおきます
I wake up at 7.

先週の火曜日ここに来ました。
せんしゅうのかようびにここにきました
I came here last Tuesday.

四時戻ります。
よじにもどります
I will be back at 4.

彼女は五月一日生まれました。
かのじょはごがつついたちにうまれました
She was born on the 1st of May.


Frequency expressions
一日三杯コーヒーを飲みます
いちにちにさんばいコーヒーをのみます
I drink 3 cups of coffee per day.

一時間二千円稼ぐ
いちじかんににせんえんかせぐ
I earn 2,000 yen per hour.

一週間十時間勉強します
いっしゅうかんにじゅうじかんべんきょうします
I study 10 hours per week.



Passive form
私の自転車が誰か盗まれました。
わたしのじてんしゃがだれかにぬすまれました
My bike was stolen by someone.

彼は叩かれました。
かれはははからたたかれました
He was slapped by his mother.

彼女は家族愛されていました。
かのじょはかぞくにあいされていました
She was loved by her family.