Welcome to Nihongo Japanese Blog!

I've been posting Japanese words on my Instagram @nihongo_japanese since August 2017.
I'd like to write interesting things about Japanese language and culture on this page.
Please feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy :)


★...がする [N4]

Feb 17, 2019

JLPT N4 文法 Grammar


How do you like the posts about Japanese grammar?
I hope they are helping you to understand Japanese better.

Today, we are going to learn how to say when you perceive a sound, voice, taste, smell, feeling etc.
It is usually used for the senses and your feeling.

Noun + が する

You can say する in informal way and します in formal way.
The past tense :する → した (informal)
                         します → しました (formal)




隣から変ながする (informal)
となりからへんなおとがする
I hear strange sound from next door.



雨のがします (formal)
あめのおとがします
I hear the sound of the rain.



この飴はコーヒーのがした (informal, past tense)
このあめはコーヒーのあじがした
This candy tasted like coffee.



このケーキがアルコールのがしました (formal, past tense)
このケーキはアルコールのあじがしました
I could taste alcohol in this cake.



台所からカレーの匂いがする (informal)
だいどころからカレーのにおいがする
I can smell curry from the kitchen.



変な感じがする (informal)
へんなかんじがする
I feel weird.



上手くいくがする (informal)
うまくいくきがする
I feel like it will go well.

★...気(き)がする  = I feel like...