Welcome to Nihongo Japanese Blog!

I've been posting Japanese words on my Instagram @nihongo_japanese since August 2017.
I'd like to write interesting things about Japanese language and culture on this page.
Please feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy :)


★一年生の漢字 Kanji (26/80)

Dec 4, 2018

一年生の漢字 (1st Grade Kanji)

 (3 strokes):
おんよみ サン・ザン
くんよみ やま

å±±-bw.png

火山(かざん)volcano

ふじ山(ふじさん)Mt.Fuji

雪山(ゆきやま)snow mountain

山登り(やまのぼり)mountain climbing

山盛り(やまもり)heaping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

山 やま moutain ⇔ 川 かわ river

This kanji describes the shape of a mountain.
It means mountain and something looks like a mountain.

When you want extra rice at the restaurant, you can say
ご飯(はん)を山盛(やまも)り 下(くだ)さい 
Can I have a heaping bowl of rice, please?



We have an idiom using 山.
山をあてる
to be successful in speculation

For example, you can use it when you guessed it right which questions would be on your exam.
テストの山をあてる

or if you guessed it wrong, you can say
テストの山をはずす

In this case, 山 means the important part.