Have you heard of しりとり shiritori?
I have introduced this game on my Instagram before, but I would like to write the details about しりとり today.
It is a simple game that is great for practicing your Japanese vocabulary.
In Japan, しりとり is very famous and popular word game.
しりとり derived from the phrase 尻(しり) を 取(と)る.
It literally means “take the butt / take the rear” and that is basically what you do.
I have introduced this game on my Instagram before, but I would like to write the details about しりとり today.
It is a simple game that is great for practicing your Japanese vocabulary.
In Japan, しりとり is very famous and popular word game.
しりとり derived from the phrase 尻(しり) を 取(と)る.
It literally means “take the butt / take the rear” and that is basically what you do.
- Two or more people take turns to play.
- Only nouns are permitted.
- A player who plays a word ending with ん loses the game, as no Japanese word begins with that character. If someone chooses a new word ending with ん, nobody can chain the next word.
- Words may not be repeated.
- Words normally written in hiragana or katakana are both okay. So, foreign words are a go (as long as they are actually considered words.
Example: さくら→ ラジオ→ おにぎり→りす→ すもう→ うどん
The player who used the word うどん lost this game.
Another tricky case is when a word ends in a small kana, such as with じてんしゃ (bicycle). While you could just change little ゃ into a full-fledged upper-case や and use this one for your next word, players are more prone to keeping the しゃ combination, and will continue on with a word such as しゃっくり (hiccup) instead.
Would you like to play しりとり with me?
You can pick a word to play しりとり and leave it in the comment on my blog
or DM me a word on instagram @nihongo_japanese I will reply you!
You can pick a word to play しりとり and leave it in the comment on my blog
or DM me a word on instagram @nihongo_japanese I will reply you!
I'll start the game
ReplyDeletethe word is りょうり
りす
Delete