Welcome to Nihongo Japanese Blog!

I've been posting Japanese words on my Instagram @nihongo_japanese since August 2017.
I'd like to write interesting things about Japanese language and culture on this page.
Please feel free to leave a comment! Enjoy :)


★一年生の漢字 Kanji (12/80)

Nov 25, 2018

一年生の漢字 (1st Grade Kanji)

 (6 strokes):
おんよみ ケ・キ
くんよみ -----

æ°—-jbw.png


気配(けはい)sign, indication

天気(てんき)weather

気温(きおん)temperature

気分(きぶん)feeling

気管(きかん)trachea

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This kanji describes the steam from the rice.
The メ part used to be 米(rice) and those lines on the rice are the steam from the rice.

The kanji of 気 means
- air
- nature
- feeling
- breath


気(き)が 利(き)く means someone who is thoughtful/attentive.
Nearly the same meaning as 思(おも)いやりがある.

彼(かれ)は気が利く人(ひと)だ
He is an attentive person.


気(き)が 散(ち)る means you get distracted.
Nearly the same meaning as 落(お)ち着(つ)かない

すぐに気が散る
I easily get distracted.


気(き)が 済(す)む means you are satisfied with something.
Nearly the same meaning as 満足(まんぞく)する

もう気が済んだ?
Are you satisfied yet?


気(き)を 揉(も)む means you worry about something.
Nearly the same meaning as 心配(しんぱい)する

間(ま)に合(あ)わないのではと気を揉んだ
I worried about not being in time.


気(き)を 許(ゆる)す means you open up to someone or let someone in.
Nearly the same meaning as 安心(あんしん)する

彼女(かのじょ)に気を許すまで、長(なが)い 時間(じかん)がかかった
It took a long time for me to let her in.